TERMS OF REFERENCES FOR FACILITATING AN ORGANIZATIONAL POLICY DEVELOPMENT PROCESS AT TAWREF
|ASSIGNMENT||CONSULTANT TO FACILITATEDRAFTING AND UPDATING ORGANIZATIONAL POLICIES|
|CLIENT||TANZANIA WOMEN RESEARCH FOUNDATION, MOSHI TANZANIA|
BACKGROUND: Tanzania Women Research Foundation is seeking to procure consultancy services to support the improvement of her Legal Structure, Financial Management, Procurement and Human Resource Systems through reviewing, updating, and drafting of organizational policies.
TAWREF is a registered Non-Governmental Organisation based in Moshi, Tanzania. It was formed and registered in 2010.The main engagement of TAWREF is to work with evidence based information in order to provide interventions planned with communities and related to transforming the lives of marginalized populations particularly women, youth and children. Marginalization could be caused by abject poverty, impact of diseases such as HIV and AIDS, orphan hood, disabilities and other causes leading to stresses and trauma.
TAWREF is managed by a Team of 5 directors picked from various backgrounds and expertise. The personnel team is composed of diverse qualifications and experiences.
TAWREF has more than 20 employees recruited from various walks of life.
1.1 TAWREF’s Vision statement
A community where people are addressing the impact of social, cultural, economic and health challenges and benefitting from the interventions leading to transformed lives.
1.2 TAWREF’s Mission statement
To implement evidence-based, innovative projects and promoting better livelihood according to perceived needs and priorities.
1.3 TAWREF Outcomes
(i) Reduced # of homeless OVC through increased access to the right to proper shelter & psychosocial well being and promoting their protection. (SDG 11.10) (Unique project in Tanzania).
(ii) Increased access to SRHR services, HTC and Linkage to Care and Treatment Clinics, and Community ART services, GBV Desks for KPs (AGYW, FSW, and PFSW&PWD.(SDG 3.3, 3.7 & 5.2).
(iii) Increased income and availability of alternative sources of income of KPs through VICOBA. (SDG 5.7).
(iv) Increased sustainability of TAWREF through staff, health care providers, peer educators and community capacity building, as well as business activities creation.
2.0 Key Objectives for the Consultancy
- The drafting of the TAWREF new and updated policies is completed and ready for review by Management and Approval by the Board.
- The TAWREF team including Board members demonstrate a thorough understanding of organizational policies.
The consultant is expected to draft approximately 7 new policies and update 5 existing policies and share them with the TAWREF management who will eventually discuss them with the staff and Board before approval.
Specifically the consultant will do the following:
- He/she will review the existing policy documents.
- Design and draft new policies.
- Share all drafts with the TAWREF Management for review and inputs.
- Work on final inputs and submit Final Drafts to the management ready for approval by the Board.
- Development of Occupational health and safety policy.
- Development of Environmental policy.
- Develop board members TOR/Charter.
- Develop Fiduciary and Risk Control policy
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL CONTROL.
- Develop Delegation of Authority guidelines.
- Develop Document Retention policy (Financial & non Financial)
- Review and Update Financial policy on Audit procedures.
- Review and Update Procurement policy.
HUMAN RESOURCES SYSTEM.
- Review and Update benefits and compensation guidelines.
- Review and Update Travel policy
STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Develop a Strategic Information Management Policy
Up to a maximum of 1 month will be allocated to this TOR.
The consultant should propose the methodology as part of the application. This should include, among other things, the understanding of the assignment, proposed approach, draft key deliverables and timeline.
The consultant will be expected to deliver:
- Inception report on the process for conducting the Policy development process
- A list of key deliverables and timelines for the process.
- A quality presentation of work done to the TAWREF Management by 31st July 2021.
Management and Organization:
The consultant will work closely with the Management Teamof TAWREF who will provide the Consultant with logistics and technical support during the writing process, ensure that the Consultant adheres to the TOR and the contract as well as review and approve the final policies
4.0 Consultant’s qualifications & profile:
TAWREF is looking for an experienced Policy drafting Consultant with the following minimum qualifications:
First degree to Masters (Masters preferred), in Science, Finance, Social Science, Community Development or any related Field. At least 2 years of proven professional experience in policy processes and systems.
5.0Conditions for Applying for this Consultancy Work:
This consultancy is offered on a competitive basis to the qualified consultant. Potential consultants are invited to submit technical and financial proposals,the number of days it will take to complete the task, and the total budget (in Tshs ).
Submission of proposals:
The potential contractors are expected to submit a proposal based on these Terms of Reference including:
- CV outlining relevance to the work outlined above.
- Proposed technical approach and methodology responding to the TORs
- An example of written work authored by the consultant
- Daily fee rate and estimate of reimbursable expenses
- Confirmation of availability and ability to meet the timescale indicated.
The proposal will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Understanding of assignment and the context
- Quality and relevance of proposed methodology and technical approach
- Evidence of analytical presentation of draft policies.
- Budget/Value for money
The evaluation of submitted proposals against these criteria will be used as a basis for selection of the consultant. The selection committee may request an interview with bidders prior to making a final decision.
Fully addressed proposals should be directed to:
TANZANIA WOMEN RESEARCH FOUNDATION
PO BOX 8598
Not later than 30/06/2021