THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL STUDY FOR PROVIDING PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THE SILTATION PROBLEM OF THE MKUNDI BRIDGE (Ch. 63+ 500) ALONG MOROGORO – DODOMA ROAD, TENDER NO. AE/001/2018 – 19 /HQ/C/02
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (NATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION)
1.The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has allocated funds in the Financial Year 2018/19 towards the cost of carrying out Technical Study for Providing Permanent Solution to the Siltation Problem of the Mkundi Bridge along Morogoro – Dodoma Road. The project site is located in Morogoro.
2. The scope of the assignment includes but not limited to:
a. Carry out a study that would provide information on the cause of flooding and subsequent overtopping of sediments at the Mkundi Bridge location.
b. Predict the future possible river channel conditions with respect to location of aggradation and anticipated channel change of width and directions.
c. To estimate annual sediments load and inputs, relative estimates of large and small floods and considering the effects of various flood magnitudes and durations.
3. The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication now invites eligible Consultants to express interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating their qualifications for performing the services. Such information may include brochures, description of assignments of similar nature in the last 10 years, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate managerial and technical skills among staff related to the assignment, etc. For each completed project, the Consultant shall provide the name and address of the Client, start and completed dates, name(s) of lead and associate firms. Cited projects with insufficient information shall not be considered.
4. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. Foreign firms must associate with local firms to become eligible for the assignment. The associations must be in the form of Sub-Consultancy or Joint Venture only. Consultants must demonstrate capacity for execution of the project under Expressions of interest. In case of associations, capacities of associated partners will be joined and examined.
5. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with procedures laid down in the Public Procurement (Amendment) Act, 2016 and Public Procurement (Amendment) Regulations, 2016
6. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00 – 16.30 hours local time, Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on Public Holidays.
Expressions of interest in writing must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 hours local time on 11th April, 2019 clearly marked: “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL STUDY FOR PROVIDING PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THE SILTATION PROBLEM OF THE MKUNDI BRIDGE (Ch. 63+ 500) ALONG MOROGORO – DODOMA ROAD, TENDER NO. AE/001/2018 – 19 /HQ/C/02
7. Expression of interest submitted in electronic or fax form including CDs will not be accepted.
TANROADS Headquarters Tender Board,
4th Floor, Airtel House,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi/Kawawa Roads Junction,
P.O. Box 11364, Dar es Salaam
Tel: + 255 22 2926001-6; Fax: +255 22 2926011; E-mail: [email protected]
The Chief Executive
Tanzania National Roads Agency