THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MULTINATIONAL: RUMONGE – GITAZA (45 KM) AND KABINGO – KASULU – MANYOVU (260.6 KM) ROAD UPGRADING PROJECT
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF UPGRADING OF KABINGO – KASULU – MANYOVU ROAD (260.60 KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD, LOT 1: KASULU JUNCTION – MANYOVU INCLUDING KASULU TOWN LINKS (68.25 KM)
TENDER NO. AE/001/2018-19/HQ/C/59
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of Upgrading of the Kabingo – Kasulu – Manyovu Road (260.6 km) to Bitumen Standard and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the loans for eligible payments for consulting services for Construction Supervision of Upgrading of Lot 1: Kasulu Junction – Manyovu including Kasulu Town links (68.25 km) i) Kasulu – Manyovu Section (58.80 km) and ii) Kasulu Town links (9.45 km)
2. The services included under this assignment are:
(a) Supervision of the Works Contract to ensure that the works comply with the approved design, drawings, specifications, conditions of contract and sound engineering practice;
(b) Undertake 7 days classified traffic count once in every year during the Construction period, prepare comprehensive report every six months on the ESMP and provide annual report on measures adopted for the safety of project roads, sensitization of local population on HIV/AIDS,STI,TB and Gender issues;
(c) Preparation of final construction report and as built drawings of all completed works;
(d) Supervision of maintenance activities during the defects liability period; and
(e) Preparation of the Project Completion Report (PCR).
3. The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication now invites eligible Consultants to express their interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating their qualifications for performing the services. Such information may include brochures, description of assignments of similar nature in the last 10 years, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate managerial and technical skills among staff related to the assignment, etc. For each completed project, the Consultant shall provide the name and address of the Client, start and completed dates, name(s) of lead and associate firms. Cited projects with insufficient information will not be considered. Consultants may joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
4. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s: Procurement Policy Framework dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http:/www.afdb.org.
5. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00 – 16.30 hours local time on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on Public Holidays.
6. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 hours local time on 20th March 2019 clearly marked: “CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF UPGRADING OF KABINGO – KASULU – MANYOVU ROAD (260.60 KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD, LOT 1: KASULU JUNCTION – MANYOVU INCLUDING KASULU TOWN LINKS (68.25KM), TENDER NO. AE/001/2018-19/HQ/C/59.”
TANROADS HQ Tender Board,
4th Floor, Airtel House,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi/Kawawa Roads Junction,
P.O. Box 11364,
Dar es Salaam.
Tel: +255 22 2926001- 6; Fax: +255 22 2926011; E-mail: [email protected]