The role holder is responsible for offering quality cash services
• To offer quality cash services
• To ensure that customer account and instruments details are correctly captured
• Ensure that cheques presented are correctly captured
• Ensure that the names of the payee tallies with the name of the account and the beneficiary account on the deposit slip
• Ensure that cheques are properly drawn in all respects
• Ensure that the payee number is correctly indicated on the reverse of all cheque deposits
• Ensure that the deposit slips and the corresponding cheques have crossing stamp.
• To receive and post cash deposits, cheque deposits and money orders
• To make cash payments against authorized instruments.
• To issue cheque-on-selves against covers
• To give cash change
• To ensure that cash held in the till is adequate
• Lodge excess cash/currency in the strong room
• Ensure that cash held in the till at the end of business day tallies with the user’s cash analysis report
• Compile and submit cash returns in respect of own general ledger accounts.