Teacher Training Program Coordinator
The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT)– Arusha Office TFFT is a high-energy and fast-growing non-governmental organization that focuses on addressing vulnerability through education.
We offer individual orphaned and vulnerable children the opportunity to succeed through access to quality schooling, health and psycho-social support and life skills programs.
This is an organization that truly places children at its core, holds them in their hearts, and thoughtfully makes every decision with only the child’s’ best interest in mind. The TFFT team is proud to see the exponential growth of the TFFT scholars as a result of thirteen years of TFFT’s programs, guidance, and support.
The Teacher Training Program Coordinator will support the Teacher Training Program Manager to lead The Foundation For Tomorrow’s Teacher Training Program. This position reports directly to the Teacher Training Program Manager and would require collaboration with the other members of the team on crosscutting issues to improve overall program efficiency and effectiveness including maintaining TFFT’s highly reputable brand. The Teacher Training Program Coordinator will be charged with the following key responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with the Teacher Training Program Manager and local government officials and teachers in partner schools to ensure high quality program implementation;
• Map out training plans and schedules for management
• Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs and address competency gaps including tracking and reporting on training outcomes
• Provide technical assistance/capacity development of teachers and School Management Teams to transform and sustain effective teaching and learning methods;
• Organize regular meetings with teachers and district officials on teacher training program coordination, setting goals and targets;
• Manage, monitor and evaluate implementation of the different teacher training components with support from the Teacher Training Program Manager;
• Strengthening, coordinating and nurturing value-adding partnerships and alliances with Government, CSOs and international actors;
• Document and demonstrate the impact of TT program through monitoring and evaluation of boundary partners and changes thereof;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Fluency in spoken and written Kiswahili and English;
• At least a Bachelors Degree required with at least 2 (two) years of practical working experience in teacher training, coordination, training or facilitator or a similar role;
• Willing to commit to at least two years.
• Passion for TFFT’s mission, vision and values
• Proven knowledge and understanding of Tanzania’s education landscape
• Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in an NGO setting
• Proven ability to complete full training cycles (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor an evaluate
• Advanced organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Strong communication skills
• Establishing good and healthy rapport with boundary partners, children, adolescents and young people.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through; performing tasks accurately and efficiently.
• Assertive self-starter with a proactive attitude and ability to work independently.
• Works as a team player; seeks and acts on feedback as appropriate.
• Balances competing priorities while keeping constant sight of overall objectives
• Sensitivity to working with confidential information
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, performing effectively under pressure and handling difficult situations with poise, judgment, and tact while maintaining a positive, problem-solving attitude.
• High degree of flexibility in a demanding, fast-paced, and frequently changing environment.
• Displays a high degree of maturity and professionalism at all times, consistent with TFFT’s culture/values.
• Possess superior problem solving, persuasion and conflict resolution skills.
• Analytical, critical and strategic thinker.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject line: TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM COORDINATOR Application