Senior Specialist, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
Reporting Line: Senior Manager, BCM/OHS
Coordination and effective implementation of Occupational health and safety programs.
• Implement internal Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management systems to ensure compliance to the OHS Act 5 0f 2003 and the Fire & Rescue Force Act of 2007.
• Coordinate mandatory fire and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) inspections and instituting remedial actions based on the inspection finding.
• Liaise with Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) to ensure occupational health and safety mandatory trainings are conducted.
• Provide operational support for Head Office and branches across the network to rollout OSHA program.
• Ensure contractors comply with OSHA regulatory requirements as they carry out their responsibilities on behalf of the bank.
• Take a lead role in occupational incidents investigation and report.
• Develop, implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
• Liaise with OSHA and fire department to ensure that all our workplace buildings are inspected and proper remedial actions are taken.
• Provide coordination for and implementation support of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) initiatives for HQ and branches across the network.
• Conduct Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) risk assessment to identified occupational hazards and provide a mitigation action plan to ensure the bank provide safe working environment.
• Prepare and deliver employees Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) awareness and trainings to both new and existing employees.
• Ensure the bank is compliant with OSHA statutory laws.
• Provide Health, Safety and Environment expertise for all project works as undertaken by the bank and lead regular the related meetings.
• Liaise with local officials, municipals, town/city councils on matters related to Health Safety and Environment.
• Ensure all the first aid kits and safety equipment (safety signage, assembly points etc.) are supplied, installed and well maintained.
• Complete OSHA/Fire inspections annually and implement the recommendations from the authorities.
• Ensure all branches are fire safety certified annually and provided with Fire Certificates.
• Complete staff medical checkups and ensure reports are to HR for further action.
• Appoint and train of the first aiders, fire marshals and OHS representatives for all branches.
• Ensure all statutory Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) committee meetings are held, signed minutes documented and issues are escalated to responsible units within the bank.
• Ensure all buildings that have fulfilled regulatory requirements are issued with certificates of compliance
Knowledge and Skills
• Solid understanding of the OSHA Act 2003 and the associated by laws, procedures as provided by OSHA.
• Solid understanding of the Fire and Rescue Act 2007 and associated regulations.
• People management skills.
• Report writing and presentations skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Excellent organizational and trainings/Workshop facilitations skills
• Ability to travel to the regions widely and extensively
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Management or any relevant field of studies.
• National Occupational Safety and Health Committee (NOSHC) Module I & II
• 3 – 5 years working experience in the field of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.