Road Transport Manager
Type: Full Time
Category: Oil, Gas & Petrochemical
Other Categories: Fleet Management ,
Job Level: Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that present and future transport and distribution policies and practices of the company achieve the most efficient and economic operations.
• Establish and ensure efficient control of all costs within the transport and distribution section.
• Design, implement and maintain scheduling systems that will ensure efficient and economic distribution of bulk products at all installations.
• Ensure efficient deployment of distribution facilities / equipment for efficient and economic operation.
• In consultation with Supply & Distribution Manager, co-ordinate the negotiations of road transport contracts and also ensure enforcement of terms and conditions of such contracts.
• Conduct on-the-spot investigations into all accidents involving contractor owned vehicles.
• Responsible for the management and timely maintenance of all company fleet.
• Develop management information systems comparing actual product liftings from all supply points against budget on a weekly basis.
• Develop Key Performance Indicators for the effective management of the distribution and transport activities of the company.
• Co-ordinate bi-annual safety inspection with accredited motor repair workshop and ensure only road tankers inspected and passed or certified as safe to operate, can load petroleum products.
• Ensure only Defensive Driving trained contractor drivers with permit are allowed to drive contracted vehicles.
• Ensure that all contracted drivers uphold safety values inculcated in them during Defensive Driving sessions by holding periodic meetings with drivers to discuss safety issues. This will be done in liaison with HSE
• To maintain and update the current level of contractors and drivers safety awareness and constantly monitor and sustain contractors’ commitment to safety to achieve zero accident.
• To maintain and update the ideal fleet calculations regularly to reflect any changes in the marketing volumes vis- a -vis transport requirement
• Minimum BSc. Engineering and Operations Management with relevant
• High analytical skills and exposure to business process improvement activities.
• Good communication skills, a good team player, self-driven
• Distribution Industry Analysis Knowledge
• Product Handling and Control Knowledge
• Distribution Customer Service Skill
• Road Transport Planning Skill
• Road Transport Delivery Operations Skill
• Depot Operations and Asset Management Knowledge
• HSSE Management Skill
• Group Personal and Business Competence