Resource Mobilization and Business Sustainability Officer
UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services .After the restructuring process UMATI is planning to recruit more qualified and competent staff to fill one vacant position at HQ Office in Dar Es Salaam.
Resource Mobilization and Business Sustainability Officer
Appointing Authority Executive Director
Location: Reporting to: Supervises:
Dar es Salaam Resource Mobilization and Business Sustainability Manager Head of Institutional System Strengthens
•Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Relation, International Business, Economics, Marketing, community development, Programme management, Project Planning and development or related areas.
•At least 3 years’ experience planning, managing and implementing projects (with a track record in resource mobilization and fundraising, Social Enterprise , especially in the not-for-profit sector)
•Experience in working with volunteers on governance related issues would be value added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
•Experience in fundraising from foundations, trusts, Donors including prospect researching -person outreach and relationship building and writing, editing and submission of concept notes and proposal. • Experience of managing donor relations on funding being spent, ensuring compliance and preventing disallowances, guiding and editing donor reports and ensuring ongoing and expanded support by the donors.
• Knowledge of/experience with policy/advocacy and communications, and how to successfully incorporate them into resource mobilization efforts
• Traceable experience in writing winning proposals for various donors
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills in developing relationships of mutual trust and partnership with internal and external partners and stakeholders; experience in building coalitions.
• Organize and make follow up of all KABIU business issues related to tenants in all KABIU buildings.
• Prepare contracts to all KABIU tenants and ensure the payments are done timely as per contracts agreements.
• Participate in writing project proposals to enhance the sustainability of UMATI
• Ability to work individually and across the organization; excellent teamwork skills
• A self-starter, with good judgment, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
• Professional/technical skills: Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel; and professional effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary.
• Strong financial analysis skills, ability create financial models preferred.
• Experience in developing business/investment and/or marketing plans required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with less Supervision.
• Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights is desirable.
• Willing and able to travel extensively within Tanzania on UMATI business.
Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
• Provide visionary, strategic leadership to UMATI fundraising and translate that vision into specific strategies and concrete actions to revenue targets and towards organizational growth.
• To develop and oversee and actively lead the implementation of UMATI’s fundraising strategy which exploits a wide range of fundraising opportunities, maintains diverse and sustainable income streams, and builds the organization’s financial capacity to meet its objectives
• In partnership with the Senior Management Team, cultivate and steward current and potential donor relationships, including foundations and high net-worth individuals
• Build and manage a high-value portfolio of existing donors and potential new prospects in targeted segments as part of the implementation of our business development strategy.
o Identify, research, and maintain a robust pipeline of potential prospects
o Develop relationships with new prospective funders in targeted segments to develop successful funding proposals at national and international level to support the organization, shepherding proposals through all required stages and decision-making processes
o Steward existing donor relationships in the targeted segments to manage the required reporting and continued development of successful proposals
• Manage donor relations on funding being spent, ensure compliance and prevent disallowances, guide and edit donor reports and ensure ongoing and expanded support by the donors.
• Lead on strengthening needs identification, concept and proposal development capacity across among program and fundraising staff
• Track deadlines, deliverables and requirement of existing grants and proactively communicate with Project Managers.
• Provide quality controls/reviews on all Project reports and ensure alignment to donor needs
• Coordinate with the Finance Manager on actual vs budget, cash flow, and revenue projections from fundraising
• Prepare fundraising reports for Board and Senior Management Team meetings
UMATI Social Enterprise Development and Management
• The incumbent will take responsibility for the commercial and operational management of UMATI Social Enterprise arm under (Kampuni ya Biashara ya UMATI (KABIU),
• Assist in the development and management of new and existing social enterprise programs under KABIU, develop a portfolio of social enterprise and microfinance, including securing new funding streams and developing/refining concepts
• Planning, coordination, implementation and administration of UMATI social enterprise activity
• Achieve superior growth and market performance through entrepreneurial approaches to implement innovative business concepts
• Ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness of financial and performance-oriented reports (quantitative and qualitative, financial and social) to headquarters and stakeholders.
• Assist with preparation of budgets in liaison with Financial Manager
• Provide monthly reports on progress of Social Enterprise activities to the Head of Operations
• Manage the operations of the social enterprise with a view to maximizing sustainability and social purpose, including people management
• Foster team cohesion and engagement within the social enterprise
• Set priorities and monitor work flows
• Support and/or coordinate logistics and procurement.
• Monitoring of budgets and expenditures.
• Follow up on the implementation of recommendations and agreements reached by KABIU Board
• Undertake other assignments as defined or as directed by your Supervisor
Applications should include:
Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria
Curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers).
For medical Professionals they should attach the copies of their Professional License to practice.
Certified copies of Academic certificates
All applicants should adhere to all UMATI safeguarding policies
Also download and fill the Application form found in the link Below:-
Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be sent through email via: [email protected] OR
Human Resource Manager
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 31st January 2020 will not be considered.