Relationship Managers -Islamic Banking
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Head Office
Organization: Islamic Banking
Number of Openings: 6
Closure Date: Dec 11, 2019
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Islamic Banking Division the role holder will be responsible for business growth within Islamic Banking Corporate segment through acquisition of new business and portfolio growth. He/she will also be required to implement the Islamic Banking Business Development initiatives within the assigned branch/region, influence business by determining innovative solutions, leverage best practice and assimilate with proven practices to ensure exceptional relationship management and customer experience.
• Implement the Islamic Banking Business Development initiatives in line with the Islamic Banking strategy and business growth plan.
• Identify opportunities for growth and new business acquisition through market research, analysis and networking.
• Develop, grow and maintain a strong client and transaction pipeline and convert these to businesses that achieve customer satisfaction, the banks financial budgets and strategic goals.
• Actively market and drive the uptake of the Islamic banking services and products to new and existing clients. Identify opportunities for cross-selling of relevant products and services.
• Ensure day-to-day client relationship management and engagement with customers to foster a good and lasting business partnership of the customer and the Bank.
• Promote excellent customer experience by driving and advocating customer requirements through the various functions in the bank to deliver high service standards that delight the bank’s customers.
• Ensure full compliance with Islamic Banking Shari’ah standards while adhering of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Partner with Regional Management, Branch Management teams and Support Functions to increase market share of the Islamic Banking segment with regard to customer numbers, products, service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book.
• Collaborate with Branch Managers and ensure to drive account utilization and sustainable deposits.
• Drive transactional income from Islamic Banking clients through effective customer service and cross selling the Bank’s products and services.
• Establish profitable banking relationships with Islamic Banking clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services where the Bank operates within the branch/ region assigned.
• Provide feedback to Management on Islamic Banking market analysis and segmentation with regards to products, credit risk evaluation and customer feedback among others.
• In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio management by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
• Conduct preliminary credit reviews and make recommendation for new and existing facilities in line with the Bank’s credit policy and Shariah Compliance guidelines.
• Regularly monitor performing/non performing accounts within the assigned portfolio.
• Support and coordinate post disbursement loan monitoring.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:-
• University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• Relevant certification in business development/Islamic Finance or its equivalent is an added advantage.
• Five (5) years’ business development experience in the Financial sector, three (3) of which should be in Relationship Management preferably in Islamic Banking.
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
• Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Integrity & courage to challenge actions within various business units and the status quo.
• Strong persuasion, management and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Creative approach, with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop innovative solutions
• Customer & Client Focused Innovation – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
• Meaningful Collaboration – Ability to establish key partnerships and facilitate, influence, collaborate and establish accountability through all levels of the organization to help drive uptake of the Bank’s products and services
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Deputy Human Resources Manager -Kibondo, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 15 April 2020
- Environment Officer – UNHCR Kibondo, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 16 April 2020
- Nafasi ya Kazi Human Resources Manager – Tanga, Tuma Maombi yako Mapema
- Country Warehouse Manager Dar es Salaam, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Anahitajika Compliance Officer – Dar es Salaam, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Nafasi za Kaz Utumishi, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 19 April 2020
- Head Of Sales: Public Sector And Regions B2B – Tigo, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Acturial Officer – Reliance Insurance Company, Tuma Maombi Mapema