Regional M&E Officer Tanzania Health Information and Management Program Support
Job Locations – TZ
ID – 2019-1446 Category- Project
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Overview of the Position
Application deadline: Open until filled
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) implements USAID’s Coordinating Implementation Research, to Communicate Learning and Evidence (CIRCLE) Project, a contract mechanism that provides administrative and technical support to USAID’s Health Research Program. CIRCLE manages and activity in Tanzania called the Tanzania Health Information and Management Program Support, or THIMPS. The THIMPS project will support USAID’s monitoring of key health indicators and use of information for program management. THIMPS also supports USAID’s stakeholder engagement efforts to share findings and contribute to program improvement. Part of THIMPS activity will be to collect USAID health program indicators from facilitates that receive USAID technical support. These indicators will be reported quarterly to USAID as well as regularly through electronic databases. CIRCLE seeks six M&E officers, to collect and report health indicators in various regions in Mainland Tanzania.
These positions are based in either Dodoma, Iringa or Mara region with frequent travel to nearby regions.
• Carry out site visits at health facilities for data collection and program monitoring
• Utilize PEPFAR tools and other USAID tools to collect data on HIV, Family Planning, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition, Malaria and Tuberculosis programs
• Enter data in database
• Verify quality of data
• Note observations associated with data collection
• Review and consult other sources of data (e.g. DHIS) on a regular basis and compare with collected data
• Compile quarterly reports to be aggregated and presented to USAID
• Participate in report writing with other M&E officers and Activity Director
• Serve as a key collaborator and informant to USAID regarding program improvement
• Provide key insights and learning from data as well as how the findings may be used to respond to USAID’s needs
• Maintain key stakeholder relationships on behalf of THIMPS – with USAID implementing partners, with the Government of Tanzania (regional/district)
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, social science, medicine, nursing or monitoring and evaluation
• At least five (5) years of professional experience managing M&E activities for health indicators. Experience in conducting site improvement monitoring supervision visits is added advantage
• Familiarity with USAID’s programming in Tanzania, especially PEPFAR programming
• Work eligibility in Tanzania
• Understanding of effective monitoring, synthesis of data and effective reporting for program improvement
• Strong understanding of public health issues: HIV, Family Planning, Maternal and child health, Malaria, TB
• Strong analytical and computer skills, including significant experience with excel, and statistical packages; familiarity with USAID databases: DATIM
• Ability and willingness to be based remotely and to travel up to 70% of the time within a regional area
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach to working with colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.