Public Relations and Communications Manager
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Public Relations and Communications Manager
Job Number: GGM-2020-XND-03.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Vice President: Sustainability.
• Master’s degree in or combination of Communications, Public Relations, Business, Journalism, or other related field ‘r Professional Certification in PR & Communications
Ten (10) or more years of experience in public relations and communication, preferably in the mining industry or a related field
Purpose of the Role:
The role holder is responsible for developing and implementing public relations and communications strategies that support the business objectives of AngloGold Ashanti Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML). The candidate will be required to communicate extensively on engagements by the mine, with a key priority to Sustainability, operations and mine wide projects. The PR & Communications Manager’s role is required to strengthen the mine’s reputation with internal and external stakeholders at local, regional and national level; supporting and contributing to the GGML’s Communications strategy; as well as at Regional and Group level. The role will contribute to company-wide internal and external engagement and reputational management activities; Manage the GGML’s brand in alignment with the AGA’s Group Brand Management Strategy; Develop Content for the mainstream and Social Media and perform other duties as assigned.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Develop a communication strategy, plans and key messages that support the mine’s business objectives;
• Conduct audience research on employees and other key external stakeholders including host communities to determine areas where there are opportunities and challenges to build good relations that help to strengthen the AngloGold Ashanti brand;
• Develop communication materials to help front line supervisors communicate changes in policies, the organization, corporate strategy, etc. to employees in a timely manner;
• Be a liaison to the Vice President Sustainability and a Strategic Business Partners with other senior leaders for all messaging, copy, and content in their respective channels and organizations;
• Liaise with teams and the organization on crisis management including crises or incidents that occur outside of the mine site that need to be communicated to employees;
• Review provide input and align the look and feel, and content provided for the corporate office;
• Adhere to the company brand and reputation matters. Act as the first point of contact and Brand Ambassador for GGML. Manage and promote the company’s brand presence internally and externally;
• Support corporate branding initiatives, culture development, internal communication, and partner with community relations to share internal wins publicly;
• Develop publications including newsletters, press releases, internal briefs, intranet (SharePoint) management, video and other special projects;
• Develop content for digital marketing i.e. Social media and website management networking websites
• Ensure team members are aware of and comply with applicable statutory acts and regulations, Industry codes of conduct and Company Policies.
• Be a key point of liaison between the Company and media houses at local and national levels
• Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language.
• To be able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and to interact within all Mining Personnel.
• Proven and demonstrated knowledge of the strategic business role of Communication
• Average understanding and mastery of rules, procedures and ethical compliance requirements for public communication (Country and Internationally
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office, graphics, and others relevant to the job
• Professional photographic skills
• Experience in Social Media content development.
• Knowledge of design applications i.e. PageMaker, photoshop etc.
• Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to cooperate effectively with all levels of management and staff
• Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Community Engagement Superintendent and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 21st January 2020 at 17: 30 hr.s . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.