20 Nov 2019
Our Client, an NGO is looking for a performance driven Co-ordinator – Mtoto Program. This person will liaise with the Executive Directors and Ministry Leaders to run the Mtoto Program with legality and conformity with the established organization policies and government regulations.
• Establish via collaboration with Executive Directors, other ministry leaders, and through extensive research of existing successful outcomes-based programs:
• A comprehensive, culturally sensitive, community-based program that:
• Pairs a nurse with pregnant mothers in families that meet the school’s program criteria by mid pregnancy.
• Equips that nurse with structured training before hand to ensure that certain critical elements are met before the baby is born.
• Ensures that proper clinical records are kept of all visits by nurses to community mothers and data is tracked for purposes of the research outcomes.
• Antenatal training series to be conducted in a community setting.
• A Home Early Literacy Program (HELP).
• Along with the Executive Directors, solicit applications, shortlist, conduct interviews and hire:
• An appropriate number of nurses for the MTOTO home-based nurse visitation program.
• An appropriate number of workers to conduct the 12 week community-based antenatal training series described above, as well as the HELP Program trainings and homevisits.
• Supervise all staff reporting to you, ensuring proper constructive feedback, accountability for following program policies and job requirements, professional training and development, mentoring, and field evaluations to assess performance.
• Participate in a timely and professional manner in all necessary disciplinary matters related to employees, including verbal and written warnings, suspensions, and termination when required.
• Create mechanisms that allow for team building, staff motivation, and staff input/suggestions to be given and put into practice.
• Foster a culture that promotes hard work, integrity, and employee advancement and growth.
• Encourage through practical methods a research-based approach to providing the best care/services/resources to the people impacted by your programs in the community.
• Ensure that MTOTO’s programs run with legality and conformity to all established regulations.
• Provide a quarterly program report.
• Develop a qualitative assessment tool to get feedback from community stakeholders on the effectiveness of your programs.
• Provide a routine quarterly budget that includes itemized projections for salaries and wages, supplies, administrative costs and repairs/maintenance/acquisition.
• Ensure that your program and its employees follow the budget, once it is approved and at all times when you or your employees will handle ministry funds, you will be required to strictly adhere to the Organization’s financial policy guidelines
• Bachelor of Science Nursing or its equivalent
• 5 years relevant experience in similar institutions
• Ability to work with expectant mothers and babies
• Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
• Team working and an ability to lead and motivate
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by emailing your CV with your daytime telephone numbers to:
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for application is Wednesday, 27th November, 2019 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.