Job Title: Program Coordinator
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill a vacant position as mentioned hereunder: Program Coordinator for Ardhi Yetu Program (AYPII) based in Dar es Salaam
The Program Coordinator (PC) for Civil Society Land Rights Program (AYP II) will provide overall leadership and coordination for ensuring the accomplishment of the objectives of this Program Initiative under his/ her responsibility. Funding agreement for this program is earmarked for civil society strengthening with programmatic focus on natural resources governance, land and food rights and innovation for climate change resilience. The purpose is to contribute to a vibrant, legitimate, and diverse civil society capable of monitoring and influencing the natural resources management sector performance with specific focus to land rights to achieve just governance, rights to food, sustainable management of natural resources and climate resilience of the poor and vulnerable citizens of Tanzania.
The program provides an important window to realise the overall country office’s long term WEZESHA Program strategy with an overarching goal of ensuring vibrant, equitable and resilient rural communities where women are empowered to realize their social, political and economic rights and where natural resources are sustainably managed in a changing climate. In addition, CARE Tanzania developed the Multiplying Impact (Ml) Strategy to ensure the work done contributes to the country’s ambition for economic growth and positively impacts the lives of 8 million people. CARE have prioritized building strategic partnerships, holding duty bearers accountable, advocating for policy change and learning and sharing within the domain of natural resource management, land and food rights and climate change. Thus, the implementation of the AYPII program funded through the Denmark Framework Agreement (DFA), will be key to the country office’s realization of the WEZESHA and Ml strategy and the PC will be an integral part of its operationalization.
The AYP PC position will be responsible for providing strategic decisions on program implementation, and taking lead on execution of core activities, including impact monitoring and measurement systems, capacity building of partners and coordination; gender transformation and policy for multiplying impact and reporting. In doing so, the PC will be required to work closely with the civil society partners to reconcile the DFA aspirations including CARE’S ambitions in civil society strengthening for enhancing social movements for change, the CO WEZESHA strategy objectives and with the ongoing national and international debates in natural resources governance, land and food rights and climate change in ensuring that the AYP II program is relevant and strategic.
The PC is expected to maintain effective working relationships with other CARE staff members. The AYPII Coordinator will directly report to the Technical Unit Program Director.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
• Planning and Implementation of the program Program Budget and Resource Management Program Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
• Networking, Learning and Representation – Establish and maintains effective working relationships with key government partners, donors and NGOs working around the same thematic focus of the program initiative
• Promote Gender Equality, policy advocacy and rights based programming initiatives Staff and Performance Management by supervising and support them, ensuring initiatives are on track Identifying funding opportunities for the program as well as initiating and participating in the design of program initiatives
• Provide strategic leadership in the areas of program development, resource acquisition, implementation, technical competence, impact measurement and policy engagement
Required Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
Master’s Degree in Natural Resources Management; Social science, Rural Development, Agriculture and Food Security; Environment; Climate Change or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Ten years’ experience in coordinating / managing complex programs working with government and civil society partners.
• Multiple years of expertise in one or some of the following areas: land rights, conflict and policy, sustainable natural resource management, conservation, climate action, pastoralism and agriculture policy and livelihoods.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in evidence-based advocacy, policy formulation, creating networks, supporting social movements and representative civil society organisations.
• Extensive line management experience, with previous responsibility for staff, resources, and contracts. Proven success in project cycle and adaptive management, including project designs, impact measurement and project reporting.
• Demonstrable achievements in delivering on Governance and Gender transformation programming. Strong portfolio of successfully representing the organization and negotiating with key senior power holders and policy makers in government.
• Project and Financial management skills
• Excellent report-writing and communication skills
• High levels of innovation, conceptual and analytical ability or creativity
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills, organizational and management skills.
• Strong experience working with private sector, government institutions and other civil society partners Strong team-building and team-work qualities.
• Computer skills in MS Word and Excel
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, natural resources or environmental and participatory approach and sustainable development.
• Strong capacity building / community empowerment skills Fundraising and facilitation skills
• Monitoring & Evaluation skills with experience in monitoring and measuring impact on Civil society strengthening.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department [email protected] by CoB, 15th January 2020 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Nafasi za Kazi Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Ltd, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Anahitajika Unguja Zone Operations Manager, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Medical Officer Volunteer (2Positions Mbeya & Mwanza) Baylor College of Medicine
- Project Management Consultancy – Kasulu Tanzania, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Communication Skills Consultancy – IRC Kibondo, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Nafasi ya Kazi Regional Manager – Dodoma, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 9 April 2020
- Customer Experience Systems Manager – Vodacom Tanzania, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Nafasi ya Kazi Project Manager – Brck, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 10 April 2020