• To ensure efficient and effective supply of goods, services and works to all departments based on requirements, in order to enable efficient operations of the Bank and its customers.
• Fully apply knowledge and implement strategic procurement methods for cost efficiency and improving quality of goods and services offered by the Bank;
• Fully ensure value for money is attained through procurement process and negotiations of all engagements in line with policy;
• Maintain high level of integrity and conduct business in an ethical and professional manner;
• Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages, insurance and relevant agreed penalties;
• Take complete ownership of the procurement process from sourcing to onboarding suppliers;
• Monitor procurement transactions from request intake to purchase approval and contract execution
• Ensure proper contract management for all goods and services
• Review daily escalated issues related to procurement and identify efficient solutions quickly and proactively to ensure timely resolution;
• Seek innovative ways to improve procurement processes, cycle times and customer service level agreements;
• Manage vendor Performance Appraisal as per the Policy requirements and reports to be filed properly;
• Prepare and maintain all the Procurement records and reports on monthly, quarterly and annually for auditing purposes
• Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement needs, solicit inputs and align goals of the Bank and ensure that all approvals are in order;
• Fully develop and maintain positive business relationships with internal team/budget owners and external stakeholders (vendors);
• Communicate and give feedback to users on procurement progress and provide guidance timely when required;
• Assist and guide internal stakeholders in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be procured
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues within the department
• Business understanding of modern and strategic procurement processes
• Computer literate, knowledge of the Procurement sector regulations and the Public Procurement Act
• Good communication and relationship management skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• Must be registered with PSPTB.
• 3 years’ procurement experience in a corporate organization.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”