Official Receiver at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)
Posted on: 29 November, 2019 Deadline: 10 December, 2019
Business Registration Service (The Service) is a semi-autonomous government agency created under the business registration service act 15 of 2015 to ensure effective administration of the laws relating to the incorporation, registration, operation and management of companies, partnerships and firms and for connected purposes.
o Job TypeFull Time
o Experience8 years
o Job FieldLaw / Legal
Duties and Responsibilities
The Official Receiver shall be responsible for the implementation of the Insolvency Act. The specific duties and responsibilities shall include: establishing and providing for the operation of a framework for the efficient and equitable administration of the estates of insolvent natural persons and unincorporated entities comprising natural persons, and the assets of insolvent companies and other bodies corporate, that maintains a fair balance between the interests of those persons, entities, companies and bodies and those of their creditors; Oversee the issuance and renewal of Insolvency Practitioners Licenses; the setting and administering of Insolvency Practitioners examinations; Ensure that preliminary examination of debtors; the filing of proof of debt forms; the tracing of assets of the debtor and companies in liquidation, ensuring assets are preserved, valued and insured direct for advertising the bankruptcy and the winding up order; Ensuring that the statements of affairs for both companies and debtors is issued; the necessary court applications are filed; the proper distribution of assets to creditors; Supervise court attendance; Cascading performance targets to the staff in the division and monitoring and evaluation of performance of the Directorate. The Official Receiver shall also perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Director General.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment as the Official Receiver if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has eight (8) years post admission relevant experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Deputy Official Receiver or any similar managerial position for a minimum of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University;
- Holds a Masters degree in Law or in any other related field from a recognized University;
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
Method of Application
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and complete the Employment Application Form below:
o Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
o Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
o Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
o All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
o Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should either be emailed to [email protected] or directly delivered to our office – Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road, on or before 10th December, 2019.
Additional Notes for shortlisted candidates:
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the
o National identity card or passport;
o Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Deputy Human Resources Manager -Kibondo, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 15 April 2020
- Environment Officer – UNHCR Kibondo, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 16 April 2020
- Nafasi ya Kazi Human Resources Manager – Tanga, Tuma Maombi yako Mapema
- Country Warehouse Manager Dar es Salaam, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Anahitajika Compliance Officer – Dar es Salaam, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Nafasi za Kaz Utumishi, Tuma Maombi Kabla ya Tarehe 19 April 2020
- Head Of Sales: Public Sector And Regions B2B – Tigo, Tuma Maombi Mapema
- Acturial Officer – Reliance Insurance Company, Tuma Maombi Mapema