Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a not for profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people. MDH (Sub recipient) with collaboration with Amref as Prime Though Global funds in implementing TB model in 8 Region in Tanzania
MDH is seeking for AN INTERN to fill the positions of:
PROGRAM ASSISTANT ( 1 )
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to : Program Manager
The intern Program assistant is self-motivated individual whose objective is to support the technical team and the M&E team on data management issues and programmatic support as needed. She/he will be responsible to the Program Manager and will be under supervision of the
senior M&E officer on her/his daily work,
Role & Responsibility
• Support M & E reporting of the Community based integrated services within the region/district as per the project work plan, as well as other relevant activities in her/his respective region.
• Support data follow up of community TB notification in weekly base, monthly and quarterly
• Assist in managing the project database’s
• Assist the M&E team to standardize a better system data entry that will align with
required report needs, including review of programmatic procedures designed to collect data in real time
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports and submit them to the M&E and project managers
• Support finance team on payment preparation and retirement coordination
• Enhance documentation, data filling and data management of the project interventions and results
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
- Advanced Diploma or degree in Health or Social Sciences.
- At least an experience in Data management, managing TB/HIV or Community based Programs
- Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania Health System and policy environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
FINANCE OFFICER ( 1 )
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance officer intern is self-motivated individual whose objective is to assist the Project Finance and Admin Officer and the entire finance team on finance roles that pertains to the proper funds management for the TB Project. He/She will be responsible to report to the Finance and Administration Officer who will supervise him/her on daily work activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Record and posting of approved financial transactions into accounting system.
• Maintaining banking records and filling them in an appropriate manner.
• Executing activities payment via mobile money systems and capturing the records in the accounting system.
• Processing duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures
• Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete with all necessary support documentation such as Pro forma invoices/bids, LPO, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices etc, before making payments, Also ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled with PAID stamp.
• Be part of report preparation for internal and external stakeholders use.
• Be part of audit preparation and for the purpose of learning support the entire audit process.
• Perform all other work related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Requirements: Education and experience
• University degree/advanced diploma in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting
• Knowledge on accounts payables, receivables, cash, bank and maintaining general ledger
• Interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills and attention to details
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information of formal Education Institution
Applications should be submitted by Monday 23/09/2018, to the Human Resource Director through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Dar es Salaam, Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.