Job Opportunity at ELCT- ECD, Procurement officer
To ensure that at organization level, there is fair application in all procurement process, competitive, transparent, and non-discriminatory and value for money procurement, to administer resources allocated provide technical and operational advice to the Organization with Public Procurement Act, its Regulations and Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) Guidelines
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare, coordinate and implement Annual Procurement and disposal plans;
- To ensure conformity with the Public Procurement Act of 2011, its regulations and guidelines of 2013.and advise the Company on all matters pertaining to procurement;
- To review and evaluate procurement requirements and recommend appropriate alternative procedures;
- To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Department
- To assist in preparation and management of all procurement contracts;
- To assist in developing and maintaining an acceptable procurement record – keeping systems; develops efficient and effective Customer-Suppliers Relationship
- To Place orders for goods or services to suppliers as requested by user department and ensure timely delivery of goods or services
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Academic Qualification and Experience
- University Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Management from a recognized higher learning institution
- Certified’ Procurement and Supplies Processional, CPSP (T) or Member of – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply – MCIPS (UK) and he/she must be registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician – Board (PSPTB) in the category of Approved Procurement and Supplies Professional
- A strong background and good knowledge of the Public Procurement Act and its – Regulations with PPRA guidelines
- Not less than three (3) years’ work experience in relevant fields in a – reputable institution(s)
ELCT- ECD a well-reputed Christian Organization is looking an outstanding experienced ADVOCATE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide legal support and represent the Organization in certain in civil litigation and perform certain corporate duties, in particular:
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Organization
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
- File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Organization
- Advise on statutory compliance.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor – legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Organisation
- Represent the Company at Arbitration and Public Utilities Commission hearings.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications or related laws and regulations governing the Organisation
- Provide sound legal advice to the Organisation and make recommendations to – Management as necessary.
Job Qualification(s) and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB or LLM) from a recognized institution or university.
- 3 years of experience in handling legal matters environment.
- Must have successfully Completed year at the Law School of Tanzania and – Registered as an advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts thereto save for Primary Court.
Information and Communication Technology Officer
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer oversees and supports the ICT aspects on a day-to-day basis by managing the IT and communication equipment to ensure it is used effectively, as well as providing advice, guidance and training on ICT issues to the rest of the Organization.
Key Activity Areas
Provide ICT hardware and software support by:
Establishing and managing networks, where applicable.
Repairing computers and laptops as required.
Maintaining printers and other peripherals in good working order.
Troubleshooting problems finding quick and cost-effective solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance and use of communication equipment in all Departments,
- Monitor developments and usage of communication equipment,
- Website development and Managing/Updating the PRCS Official website
Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to and information.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Ensure the security and integrity of all the programme information systems and data.
- Enforce and develop, if appropriate, relevant guidelines and policies e.g. online security, passwords, back-up procedures, anti-virus solutions, etc.
Provide appropriate ICT and communication equipment training for all staff, through one-to-one coaching and taught sessions. This may include basic introduction to Windows and Office applications, e-mail and internet use, intermediate use of Office applications, backups, software installation and simple repairs.
- University Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Management – Information Systems (MIS), and other IT related sciences.
- Strong knowledge of wireless and wired LAN Technologies and protocols, network security and VOIP.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum of 4 years relevant post-qualification professional experience in an IT position.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems (e.g. Windows 7, etc.) and – Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Hardware knowledge including PCs, laptops, network routers, printers, etc.
- Knowledge of networking and servers.
- Able to define systems and approaches that are sustainable and relevant to the local context.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with work colleagues, – service providers and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of webmaster
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applicants are required to get endorsement from their respective Pastors/ Parishes
Enclosed detailed CV and academic certificates;
All applicants must indicate two referees with their addresses;
Qualified and suitable Candidates are strongly advised to apply;
Deadline for application is 10th December 2019
All applications should be addressed to the:
ELCT-EASTERN AND COASTAL DIOCESE,
LUTHER HOUSE BUILDING,
P.O. BOX 837,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]
PHYSICAL ADRESS: Luther House Sokoine Drive.