Specialist; Supplier Relationship Management.
Provide leadership in building and managing relationships with ICT suppliers and internal stakeholders, to ensure the achievement of business objectives and outcomes, performance criteria and targets are achieved and also ensuring that the Bank’s obligations to suppliers are executed with all due diligence and within the agreed SLAs.
Supplier Relationship Management Specialist is also the process owner for ICT financial
● Act as a single point of contact (SPOC) and accountability for escalation point for ICT
supplier issues, identify the causes and facilitate the amicable resolution of disputes,
engaging all subject matter experts such as Legal, Technical, and Finance, Business and
Procurement partners as appropriate in the resolution process.
● Develop excellent working relationships with all ICT suppliers.
● Facilitate joint meetings between ICT stakeholders and suppliers.
● Coordinates with senior business leaders who serve as Executive Sponsors for key ICT
suppliers to oversee and manage their relationship with the suppliers.
● Negotiate service provision that will deliver greater efficiencies for services delivered to
● Ensure ethical and professional communication with all ICT suppliers and other
● Define, document and implement an approved annual engagement/Service review plan
for ICT suppliers, especially the strategic ones to measure their performance, and
establish plans for continuous improvement on a regular basis.
Budgeting & Cost Management
● Prepare and control the annual budget (CAPEX & OPEX) of the section.
● Collate Annual Collate OPEX budget data for ICT Department and prepare Annual
● Submit ICT Annual OPEX Budget to ICT Management for review and concurrence.
● Ensure that inputs from all stakeholders are considered in preparing Annual ICT budget
and obtain extra budgetary approvals where required.
● Maintain a detailed record of all payments made to each supplier to support annual
budget forecasting exercises.
● Manage, monitor and control ICT costs in line with the approved budget and produce
periodic performance reports.
● Re-negotiate cost of Service Level Agreements in a timely manner and with cost
optimization, cost avoidance, savings or equal contract value in line with the Bank’s cost
● Process the payments to ICT suppliers based on their performance reports.
● Prepare monthly progress update reports of the section.
● Setup and implement cost saving initiatives.
● Develop & update policies, procedures and processes to improve efficiency &
productivity of the section.
● Comply with principles and policies in the information security handbook.
● Conduct Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) of the section.
Service Level Management, Monitoring & Enforcement
● Ensure all ICT Services, products and infrastructure are supported by valid Service Level
Agreement at all times.
● Establish key metrics for monitoring the performance of each supplier to measure and
assure quality of services delivered to the Bank.
● Perform periodic monitoring and management reporting on the performance of ICT
suppliers to ensure delivery is in line with their obligations and performance metrics.
● Ensure that all of the terms and conditions of an agreement are thoroughly reviewed,
documented, and mitigate risks to the Bank while adhering to internal and external
● Drive standardization of Service Level Agreement across all ICT suppliers.
● Enforce SLA penalties on ICT Suppliers where service levels are not met.
● Ensure all Service Level Agreements are compliant with the Bank’s internal controls.
● Manages the lifecycle of each SLA such as initiation, variation, renegotiation, renewal
● Ensure the correct appropriate terms and conditions are applied to each SLA over the
lifecycle of the agreement, and track funds expended to ensure compliance.
● Define and document annual deliverables of strategic vendors and monitor delivery
through performance management.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
● Bachelor degree in Business, ICT or related academic field.
● Minimum of 5 years of managing ICT supplier relationships.
● Experience of successfully conducting a range of negotiations across a variety of ICT
● Background in third party/vendor management and governance, procurement, or
regulatory compliance is preferred.
● Experience in effective and successful vendor negotiations to optimize, reduce costs and
keep ICT budget on track.
● Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● ICT Service Management skills.
● Project Management skills.
● Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved, along with discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
● Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive
win-win outcomes for both parties.
● Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point.
● Strong ability to build relationships across functions.
● Ability to aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that
affect numerous lines of business.
● Demonstrated high level organizational and time management skills.
● Strong sense of accountability and business partnership.
● Financial Management skills.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidates willreceive attractive and competitive packages commensurate with demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter
accompanied with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to thebelow email with a clear subject of the position applied for not later than 30th March 2020. Hard copies will not be accepted. Email: [email protected]