Chief Dealer Fixed Income is responsible to develop securities trading strategies that ensure Fixed Income portfolio runs optimally for profit maximization and risk management. Responsible to deepen the Bank’s Securities Portfolio across local and regional economies and increase the bank’s dealing lines with local & International counterparts to ensure that the securities trading volumes are adequately expanded.
1.0: General Management:
● Analyzing the market activities in the primary and secondary market and advise the management on the action to be taken to minimize the risk of loss and produce the best yield of investment.
● To determine the bonds value for payouts dates, rates and purchase in the best interest of the organization.
● To prepare the reports which provide background on historical performance of bonds and future trend and the recommended actions.
● Performing stress tests and simulations on existing and proposed portfolio.
● Participating in business forums and meetings to contribute ideas and
recommendations on new developments.
● To develop and create analytical tools which provides dynamic relative value and macro focused on the industry risk analysis and returns.
● Identify short and longer term opportunities based on relative analysis, macro fundamentals and volatility of interest rate and currency
● Provide industry leading risk -adjusted return on deployed capital
● Review and develop an annual business plan for bond trading to contribute to the overall to ensure that plans are developed and implemented in line with clear business objectives and goals that support the overall Bank strategy.
● Develop appropriate hedge strategies for the trading portfolio in order to manage appropriate balance sheet structure, minimize risks and adherence with limits
● Review and contribute to the designing of new products and enhancement of Investment and Interest Rate Risk policy and procedures in line with changing business needs.
● Review, develop, monitor and control the budget for the unit and monitor the budget of the department to ensure budgets are aligned with the business plan and expenses are controlled within agreed limits.
2.0: Key Responsibilities:
Market Knowledge (Financial Markets and Economic Fundamentals):
● Self-development by way of on the job training and keeping up to date with market practices.
● Need to keep up to date with markets-moving local, regional and global economic and political developments.
● In-depth knowledge of Dealing Systems and Information platforms.
● Up to date knowledge of Global Markets products especially Fixed Income products.
Managing and Trading Interest Rate Risk:
● Actively invest/deploy funds in fixed income products as per approved risk mandate.
● Anticipate and be alert to market events and changes in relation to long term interest rate risk with the view of positioning of the Fixed Income book to benefit from interest rate movements.
● Proactively make market for government securities in the secondary market follow all
the procedures and processes relating to it.
● Provide back up on the money market dealing side, when required.
● Ensure all trading limits relating to Fixed Income are not exceeded at any one time.
● Ensure compliance with set regulatory guidelines or limits.
● Daily prepare the Fixed Income yield curve and circulate the same to the Global Markets team.
● Update the Global Markets team and senior management on a real time basis on developments in the Fixed Income.
Client interface/sales (Deal execution, relationships, client margins):
● Pro-active client engagement and awareness of all major clients’ current and anticipated future interest in fixed income needs.
● Provide excellent service quality to external customers and internal customers.
● Maintain/ Grow relationships with key stakeholders such as Central Bank, Debt Office, Ministry of Finance, Pension sector players, Brokers, CMSA, DSE etc.
ALCO/Treasury Management Committee:
● Be aware of strategic ALCO objectives with respect to interest and liquidity risk management.
● Execute TMC directive trades for efficient portfolio management.
● Provide insight or views on interest rates development/ outlook.
3.0: Key Competencies:
Business, Technical & Systems Skills
● Macro Economics & Current Economic Trends
● Fixed Income products & technical Analysis
● Trading Skills
● Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg
● Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
● Market Intelligence skills.
● Must possess strong sales, business development and negotiations skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to work in an agile environment.
● Solid business acumen and results oriented.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor & Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field
● Professional Qualification (ACI/CPA/CIMA/CFA)
● 7 years of progressive experience in Treasury with at least 4 years as a Dealer in a bank.
● In-depth knowledge of market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations for Fixed Income products.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 10th October 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]