Senior Network Specialist (WAN/LAN)
To plan, organize and deliver cost effective and efficient network infrastructure services (WAN/LAN) that meets and exceeds business and customers’ expectations (availability, performance, resiliency, security and continuous improvement).
• Review and validate internal customer/business requirements in order to create High-Level and Low-Level Network Designs that meets and exceeds the requirements.
• Develop, Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, processes, standards, and guidelines for branch network resource administration and appropriate use
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all branch network hardware and equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.) for the LAN, WAN, Internet and Business partners connections.
• Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on branch network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network service continuous improvements.
• Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
• Consult with the management and design access policy for the acceptable use of the networks which apply to everyone
• Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for Network Infrastructure systems is always available for fault repair and emergency requirements for respective zones/branches/HQ Networks.
• Prepare and maintain entire bank’s WAN/LAN Infrastructure documentation, and update it regularly to accommodate any change for both Active & Passive Networks.
• Enhance approaches and technical methods used by Networks team/NOC/Field Support for Branch Network support and troubleshooting techniques to ensure smooth branch business operations.
• Review and Support NMB WAN/LAN Networks for enhancement of the existing Network infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
• Administer network systems related to NMB branch LAN, WAN, Business partners and Internet to ensure optimized performance and quality in a secure manner.
• Responsible for data network infrastructure design (physical and virtual) for ensuring cost effective and efficiency of the networking systems
• Planning, Development, Implementation and supervision of major WAN and LAN projects that requires Network service.
• Administer network monitoring applications to ensure the network infrastructure deliver the intended services efficiently and provide daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly reports
• Work with Network Service Providers & Suppliers to ensure branch and business partners integrations to NMB networks are done in an effective manner and completed within agreed timelines
• Supplier Service Contract review and SLA enforcement Management as well as bills validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
• Review and advice management on different initiatives to improve Network infrastructure and operation Excellency in an effective approach to benefits both internal and external customers.
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of bank’s products and operations
• Advance knowledge of the Network Support and troubleshooting
• Advance knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & Lightweight Access Points
• Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation
• In-depth knowledge of IP networks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols.
• Strong knowledge of Network Data & Voice technologies (SIP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, FlexVPN, DMVPN, route redistribution, loop prevention, etc.)
• Strong planning and organizing; Leadership and time management skills
• IT Service Management; Project Management skills
• Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years combined networking, security, telephony, video, unified communications experience Network design, implementation and support environment.
• In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS
• In-depth experience of Cisco WAN, VPN, Wired and Wireless LAN technologies
• Knowledge with Cisco Nexus technologies
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.