Critical Requirement: Proficiency in Swahili and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
Location: Masasi, Mtwara Tanzania
International Candidates: must have existing rights to work in Tanzania
Other: Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About Program Associate role
The Program Associate position, based in Masasi, is a core role within myAgro that helps accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. This role will provide crucial support to 2-3 field teams (~30 people). You will gain a breadth of experience in designing and scaling high impact cross functional programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development and mobile technology. Reporting to a Masasi-based Program Manager and working closely with teams across the organization, you will be part of a team that is responsible for helping myAgro reach its ambitious goals in West Africa.
- Team Support:Support, train, and coach a team of 10 – 30 people and assist other team leaders to hire, retain and develop their teams to reach myAgro’s goals.
- Program Design:Design, iterate and improve myAgro’s model to serve smallholder farmers by designing a more cost-efficient and higher impact program model.
- Service & Product Development: In close collaboration with the agricultural R&D team, design marketing, tools and processes to test and scale innovative new products to increase farmer adoption and income.
- Sales Data Analysis: Develop and share a program dashboard and perform regular data analysis to improve performance of field districts, your specific product/service trials and new product roll out.
- Leadership Development: Develop professional performance plans, trainings and tools to support the leadership development of new and mid-level managers to take on increasing responsibilities to support myAgro’s future growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Swahili and English proficiency
- At least 3 years work experience and significant project or team management experience
- At least 1 year experience in rural development projects, specifically financial
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- International Candidates: must have existing rights to work in Tanzania
- Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel, results oriented
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- Team Player and willing to spend significant time in the field
- Good marketing and sales skills
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.