Position: Neonatal Nurse
Industry: Medical and Nursing
Salary: accommodation, medical insurance
The objective of the placement is to transfer skill and knowledge particularly to paediatric and neonatal department staff and generally to overall hospital staff. The knowledge and skill acquired is expected to improve the quality of services and the competence of paediatric and neonatal department staffs. Furthermore, the volunteer is expected to strengthen VSO-E established NICU in the hospital and play key role in strengthening system to enable the hospital and concerned department to provide quality care consistently
Skills, qualifications and experience
Professional skills/ competencies:
• Registered Nurse with proof of a professional license.
• Current experience as registered nurse in a hospital setting for at least 5 years.
• At least 2 years’ experience working as a neonatal nurse/ Neonatology or working in Neonatal Intensive care unit (NICUs).
• Experience in mentoring/training of nurses, students at a neonatal/paediatric Department of any Hospital/in a clinic.
• Masters of Science in Nursing
• Additional specialization in areas like Paediatric care
• Basic computer skill
• Experience in mentoring and teaching/Bedside teaching
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge