Position: Marketing Officer
REPORT TO: Chief Operation Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Kagera(Bukoba), Arusha, Dodoma, Manyara, Shinyanga, Tabora, Geita,
WASSHA Incorporation; provide the rental device and charging service using clean energy. Our mission is to provide power to the people through Kiosks, WASSHA provides a whole new experience for people in off-grid areas with affordable, accessible and safe electricity. WASSHA agents provide the rental and charging services to end user. We use the environment friendly energy and agents don’t need to prepare initial investment to get enough power as we lease every device.
We are looking for Marketing officer to promote company’s products/services. This can involve marketing existing products, developing new products to cater for consumer demand, or developing markets for new products or services. Marketing Officer contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and analyse an organisation’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment and set goals for market share and growth
• Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting WASSHA products and services to those markets
• Recruit, evaluate and support potential agents who can be WASSHA agents before installation.
• Install whole WASSHA equipment into potential Agents and train operators who are in charge at shops.
• Support WASSHA agents in order to solve their challenges and increase the sales after installation.
• Work on developing new WASSHA products and advice an approach to pricing and set prices for products and services
• Develop plans for advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management of WASSHA
• Undertake WASSHA marketing audits to monitor sales performance; while maintaining and updating customer databases
• Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, and colleagues,
• Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
• Writing and proofreading copies of WASSHA adverts, fliers and marketing materials
• Liaising with designers and printers to get a recommendable and acceptable WASSHA work design;
• Attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions which are beneficial to the company;
• Conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups;
• Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
• Evaluating marketing campaigns;
• Monitoring competitor activity;
• Supporting the marketing director and other colleagues.
• Any other assignments as may be given by your superior.
Education and Experience
• BSc/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant field
• Proven experience as marketing officer or similar role of not less than 2 years
• Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
• Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software
• Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Creativity and commercial awareness
• A team player with a customer-oriented approach
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills – verbal and written
• Listening skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Data collection and ordering
• Customer service orientation
• Stress tolerance
How to Apply
- Interested individuals should submit their applications to [email protected] indicating why you think you qualify for this post.
- Email subject should indicate the region you apply for.
- Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization.
- Names and contacts of three referees who have supervised you in your previous working history.
- Also local residents belonging in those regions, who meets the above qualifications are highly encourage.
Telephone calls will not be entertained