Oversee the design, implementation, and enhancement of AML, CFT, Sanctions, and Fraud Transaction Monitoring systems and processes. Manage Transaction Monitoring (TM) team, which is responsible for alerts review, investigations, disposition, and escalation, in accordance with the AML act and applicable AML/CFT statutes, rules and regulations.
● Responsible for designing comprehensive monitoring programs and governance
documentation, including establishment of the governance protocols consistent with other
Compliance Analytics and Financial Crimes Risk Management programs.
● Coordinate and direct the implementation of an effective AML Transaction Monitoring alert
analysis and suspicious activity investigations program to ensure compliance to relevant
AML/Sanctions laws and regulations.
● Maintain a current understanding of TM procedures, relevant policies, and industry best
practice to support timely identification of AML/CFT/Sanctions & Fraud Risks.
● Review systems generated alerts, assess impact to AML processes, conduct research as
required, and document results in written format.
● Monitor potentially suspicious patterns of activity and recommend changes to rules,
parameters, and thresholds maintained within the transaction monitoring system to ensure its
● Design and implement Transaction Monitoring techniques to support identification of risks
around Money laundering, Terrorism Financing, Economic Sanctions, Fraud, and Operational
risks consistent with the bank’s Financial Crime Compliance Risk Governance Framework.
● Ensure that detected information regarding AML & Sanctions violations are effectively
communicated to the Head of Compliance (MLRO) in a timely manner per agreed SLAs.
● Provide regular reports and communication on the status and health of the AML Transaction
Monitoring alert analysis and suspicious activity investigations program to the Head of
● Identify, track and communicate compliance findings, issues and risks and make issue
remediation recommendations, and work with responsible owners to address the items on a
timely basis; ensure appropriate issue reporting and escalation.
● Ensure strong operational understanding of TM screening systems and ability to propose
changes to support functional requirements gathering in cases of a need for a systems
● Develop responses and plans to remediate self-identified issues as well as those raised by
audits and regulatory examinations.
● Oversee and ensure the production of timely and effective AML Transaction
Monitoring-related management information (“MI”) and other applicable information to Head
● Design and implement strategies to address increases in alert volume by enhancing
effectiveness and efficiency of alert reviews while maintaining ability to address risk.
● Develop close working relationships with business lines and other key groups, including
Branch Network, Compliance Management, AML Specialist, Zonal Risk & Compliance
Officers, Operations team, and Forensic team.
● As necessary, use independent judgement and available research tools (public internet sources
as well as third party sites) to identify information concerning transactions identified for
Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, Law, Information Technology or a
● Holder of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification, or intention to
pursue within six months in the position.
● Expert knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems, analytical and investigative processes and reporting requirements.
● At least 5 Years’ experience as an AML investigator in a transaction monitoring capacity or
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 14th October 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]