Responsible for the overall Treasury sales business in the Bank – the marketing, delivery and management of the Treasury products in accordance with the Bank business strategy. This strategic leadership role will be responsible for optimization of staff productivity, driving profitability and increasing business volume while maintaining a strong risk/income ratio and a high quality treasury portfolio. Head of Treasury Sales is required to lead, motivate and manage a group of skilled and technically competent Treasury personnel who have a critical impact on the Bank’s performance. This position entails significant cross-functional interaction with other teams, a strong understanding of the Bank’s products, sales process, pipeline management and a strategic mindset for recruiting complex clients. The role will be client centric: interacting with clients on a regular basis, and personally covering a number of key accounts who are looking for sophisticated treasury products.
I. Strategic Focus
● Development, preparation, implementation and delivery of treasury sales business strategic plans and contribute to the overall business strategy for Treasury department.
● Champion strategic initiatives such as marketing and training that provides better results across the sales team and propose and/or implement innovative ideas to enhance business results.
● Identification of competitive threats and market opportunities, to feed into product strategy ensuring systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks.
● Effectively participate in Management and other committee meetings to support the overall Bank strategy.
● Work with executive management to establish and maintain both revenue and expense budget requirements and ensure that budgets are aligned with the business plan and expenses are controlled within agreed limits.
● Facilitate the entrenchment of a culture of global thinking, push for progress, embrace change and challenge the status quo in support of the Bank’s vision and strategy.
● Overview of all Treasury sales activities to ensure that market risks are taken within the agreed parameters which allow profitability and optimal capital utilization.
II. Business Acumen
● Drive the development of new profitable business with a designated portfolio of
prospects and clients.
● Possess a thorough understanding of Strategic business drivers, opportunities, challenges, needs, competition and threats inherent in the environment/business sectors within which clients operates.
● Develop and implement changes to the range of products and services including new product introduction and withdrawal according to customer and market demand.
● Proactive approach to sales, sending unsolicited proposals, leading client engagement and pitches/presentations.
● Ensure processes, structure, systems and resources required to effectively service existing clients and recruit new clients are in place and continuously review
● Align Treasury sales business in line with local and international trends,
developments and benchmarks within the industry.
● Have a good understanding of key drivers, strengths and vulnerabilities of the Bank and position the Bank ahead of both traditional and non-traditional competitors.
● Ownership of data integrity and accuracy of reporting.
III. Client Profitability and Risk Management
● Maximize profitability from Treasury products.
● Negotiate terms and conditions of treasury products with clients and establish pricing strategies.
● Design measure/systems to monitor business performance on a regular basis.
● Coordinate with Corporate, Credit, Risk and Legal departments to establish and review credit and limits applications of treasury hedging facilities for clients.
● Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Bank. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risk facing the Bank and the role each individual plays in mitigating them.
IV. Relationship Building
● Build client relationships with the objective of seeking new business from existing clients by growing them up the treasury product chain.
● Gain leads and access to strategically influential stakeholders in large corporate, commercial and government organizations in order to introduce them to the benefits of dealing through CRDB Bank.
● Support other teams in developing relationships with strategically significant and/or difficult clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the client and the Bank are achieved.
● Establish and Manage relationships with Financial Institutions both local and international ensuring that the Bank has good network and strategic connections.
● Build credibility across all levels within and external to CRDB Bank via the skillful application of specialist knowledge and relationship building skills.
V. Processes and Service Delivery
● Coordination of customer relationships and treasury sales processes, setting high standards and achieve performance objectives by creating a clear path towards ethical and sustainable results.
● Develop, implement and own the end-to-end product sales processes and associate technology systems across channels and within product categories.
● Readiness of treasury department infrastructure in line with the Bank’s strategy to support current and planned business volumes.
● Prepare proformas, proposals and other sales materials including contracts and treasury documentation such as ISDA and follow up with clients to ensure accurate completion.
● Conduct training workshops for internal and external clients to increase awareness of Treasury department functions and products.
● Work with implementation and service teams to ensure smooth implementation and high client satisfaction.
● Ensure timely resolution of relationship-sensitive client service issues within the organization and act as the senior escalation point in relationship-sensitive key service issues.
● Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Bank’s arrangement to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the Treasury business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
● Ensure the business meets its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Bank Policy and Standards and under country laws and regulations.
● Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place; monitoring the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
VII. Regulatory and Business Conduct
● Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
● Display exemplary conduct and live by the Bank’s Values and Code of Conduct
● Good relationship with regulators with ability to contribute & where possible influence policy formulation. Keep abreast of all the changes in the regional and global environment.
● Comply with guidelines as outlined in the dealing Mandate and other Operational Manuals.
● Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
VIII. People and Talent Management
● Identify, hire, motivate and retain top talents.
● Build talents and teams for the Bank by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage.
● Provides hands-on leadership, coaching, and development on all aspects needed to achieve successful performance including sales management and customer retention.
● Monitors treasury sales team performance, provides appropriate mentorship, recognition and feedback.
● Set appropriate tone and expectation from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
● Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
IX. Key Stakeholders
● Global Markets, Asset and Liability and Capital Markets
● Relationship Managers, Credit, Risk and Middle Office
● Legal and Compliance
● Support functions including Operations, Finance and IT
● Regulators – BOT, CMSA, DSE
● Interbank and Market Participants
● Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
● Market Intelligence skills.
● Must possess strong sales, business development and negotiations skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to work in an agile environment.
● Solid business acumen and results oriented.
Qualifications and Experience
● Strong client engagement skills with an unwavering focus on client satisfaction and growing business.
● Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
● Strong analytical skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
● Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches.
● Ability to grow skills in areas such as service and sales and technical product knowledge that will help generate sales and develop individuals and the overall sales team.
● Knowledge of new and evolving technological systems including the benefits and
shortfalls of investment thereof.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 10th October 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]