WASSHA JOB DESCRIPTION – Hardware engineer
- JOB INFORMATION
Wassha Inc. Tanzania Branch any region within Tanzania as assigned
Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Application Deadline: 24th June 2022
Reports to: Zone Team Leader
Direct Reports (Subordinates): Engineering Technicians and operators
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
WASSHA Inc is a Japanese company incorporated in 2013 to deliver electrical power to people in off-grid areas. We use the “Mobile Money” technology in Africa to sell electricity to the electrified areas.
The company aims to improve the lives of people in Africa by enabling a lifestyle with access to reliable electricity and power and other information and services. WASSHA believes that through its services it can unlock humankind’s potential and create other advancements in the medical, educational, industrial, and agricultural fields. WASSHA is committed to supporting internationally recognized human rights activities and initiatives. We believe that long-term business success can only be achieved if human rights are protected. Our Human Rights Policy statement sets out the fundamental principles to ensure we do not engage in activities that directly or indirectly violate human rights.
This policy is applicable to WASSHA Inc. and its subsidiaries across Africa
- JOB PURPOSE
To repair, design, and test all Wassha products hardware components by analysing test data, eliminating errors, modifying existing hardware devices.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Managerial Responsibilities:
- Managing the team of Technicians and operators in the respective zone.
- Functional Responsibilities:
- Lead and support Engineering Technician to ensure delivery of high standard of service to WASSHA Inc.
- Planning, organizing, and monitoring execution accuracy of tasks by Engineering Technicians and Operators.
- Supporting our customers in all aspects of software, IT, networking, and database management within the zone.
- Provide after-sales support to the customer when necessary, to identify inefficiencies and to ensure successful use of our products and solutions to improve outcomes.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on equipment and repairing on zone.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults on zone.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Communicate with staff, through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Replacing parts and providing hardware electronic engineering support as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports of the zone.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Know what to do in the event of an emergency.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
- A) A minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role:
- Degree qualified in hardware, electronic Engineering, or related programs.
- B) A minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role:
- Proven work experience as an Engineer with a minimum of 1-year experience.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- A) Internal customers:
- Hardware Engineer – Team Leader
- Customer Success Team
- Training Team
- Software Team
- Supply Chain Department
- B) External customers:
- Wassha Agents
- A) Technical
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Effectively research and solve complex technical issues
- B) Functional
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills including presentation skills
- Computer literacy and office suite knowledge like Excel, Spreadsheet, etc.
- Problem solving and analysis
- Excellent team player
- C) Behavioral
- Stress tolerance
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Accountability and Transparency