Job title: Finance Manager
Appointing Authority: Board of Directors
Responsible to: Managing Director
Duties and responsibilities:
• To manage financial and accounting affairs of the Authority efficiently by following professional accounting principles and ethics.
• Provide financial advice to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors.
• Timely payment of taxes, salaries, imprests, debtors and statutory contributions without incurring penalties.
• Coordinates the preparation, and submits to the Managing Director and the Board, the annual accounts of the Authority within four months of the end of the financial year.
• Ensure that all the Authority’s financial transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with the agreed procedures and the proper systems of internal control are
• To prepare and submit to the Executive Board financial plans and budgets timely before the beginning of a new financial Year
• Keeping books of accounts relating to revenue grants and expenses accurately and timely according to accounting professional standards established from time to time.
• Ensuring that the books of accounts are audited by external auditors within the required legal period and presented to the Executive Board.
• Answering all internal and external audit queries accurately and on time.
• Instituting and implementing sound control systems and procedures of physical property, cash, cheques, purchase order, receipt books and other Accountable documents.
• Ensures that the Authority’s assets are properly safeguarded.
• Establishes, administers and coordinates the funding requirements of the Authority,
• Supervises and directs the development of financial policies, systems and procedures.
• Liaises with the Commercial Manager and Technical Manager in the fixing of financial performance targets for operational activities and capital projects.
• To carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at least 5 years relevant work experience from reputable organizations 3 of which being in a senior position.
• Must be registered by NBAA as Professional Accountant and possess CPA (T) Having Masters’ Degree in Accountancy or Finance will be an added advantage.
• Must be computer literate and be able to manage Accounting Tally System.
• Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
• Must have strong leadership capabilities; and, capable of influencing (xcelled performance and results by his/her subordinates.
• Ability in negotiation and motivational skills.
All applicants must be Tanzanians
• The post applied for must be written on the heading of application letter and on the top of enclosed envelope.
• Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their applications through their respective employers.
• Must be computer literate.
• All posts are on contract basis of five years which are renewable subject to previous contract work efficiency, good performance and behaviour. Transcripts, testimonials, provisional results, statement of results
• and form six are not acceptable.
• Applicants should not be more than 45 years of age.
• Submission of forged documents or information shall result in serious legal consequences.
• The applicants who pursued their education abroad must have their certificates certified by responsible Authority (TCU and NECTA).
• Attractive remuneration as per KUWASA Scheme of Service and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
• Submission of application by hand to KUWASA is not allowed.
• Qualified and interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the Authority (KUWASA), accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant Academic Certificates, Professional and birth certificates and Letters from 3 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address to the address below not later than three weeks after publication of this advertisement from 27 November 2019 to 20 December 2019.
• Application should be sent to KUWASA as Registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Never pay for your Application to be considered. A call requesting payment for any reason is swindle.
The Managing Director,
Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KUWASA),