Position: Inclusive education expert
Industry: Education and Training
To provide technical support on inclusive education policy and practice to a teacher education project in Myanmar and support the Ministry of Education (MoE) to improve the quality of pre-service teacher education. Focus will be on inclusive teaching practices, access, participation and achievement of children with disabilities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Higher level post-graduate qualification in appropriate field
• Expert knowledge of inclusive education policy and practice
• Experience of supporting professional development programmes
• Knowledge and experience of the disability sector
• Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders
• Understanding of systems and policy
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
• Experience of working in Myanmar or SE Asia
This volunteer will be based at the Ministry of Education in Naypyitaw.