Position : Driver cum Messenger (1 Position HQ)
Department : Finance and Administration Department
Reports to : Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drives company vehicles to transport person and/or materials as directed.
• Collect sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, stationery and other materials within and outside the HQ office and makes appropriate entries in register when required.
• Packaging of office equipment to be transported/distributed to the branches and makes appropriate entries in register.
• Cleans vehicles, checks on oil, gasoline, water and tires, change tires and
reports need of major repairs.
• Maintains record of mileage, gasoline and oil used and any unusual performance of the vehicle.
• Maintains logbooks and ensure you keep record of movement of vehicles
• Responsible for safe-keeping of the vehicle and tools entrusted to you.
• Reports promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle.
• Performs messenger duties such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents.
• Carries out diagnoses of minor problems requiring immediate repair.
• Assists in repairing minor defects in the vehicle requiring attention.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by one’s supervisor(s).
• The candidate must have successfully completed Form IV Secondary Education with conversant in Kiswahili and English.
• Must have a valid Class C Driving License and working experience for three (3) years as a driver cum messenger in reputable organization.
• Possession of Drivers Grade II Certificate from a recognized institution such as NIT or VETA will be an added advantage.
a. Testimonials and all Partial transcripts will not be accepted;
b. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
c. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
d. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
e. Applicants must attach their certified copies of relevant certificates.
Mode of Application. The request for Eligible Candidates should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre,
P.O. Box 35062,
DAR ES SALAAM.
All requests should be made through the following link http://rms.ucc.co.tz
Note: The applications that will be sent in any other way other than the site or link mentioned above will not be accepted. Closing date for receiving application is two weeks from the date of the first appearance of the advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.