HERMARGS Institute (HI) is a newly established firm for Health and Allied Sciences, Business and Humanity Studies that aims to provide demand driven quality education, research and outreach services in the United Republic of Tanzania and beyond. The Institute is found in Kinyenze (Kipera) village, Mlali ward, Mvomero district, in Morogoro region, Tanzania. It is located about 25 kilometers from Morogoro town along Iringa road. HERMARGS Institute qualified, dynamic and result–oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill the following vacant posts.
DEAN OF STUDENTS (1 POST)
Qualifications and Experience
Holder of first Degree or Diploma in either Counseling, Education, Psychology, Human Resource Management, Sociology, Social welfare, or equivalent from a recognized Institution with at least three (3) years of working experience.
Duties and Responsibility
• To ensure that students have the adequate resources with reliable conducive learning environment.
• Coordinate and ensure access to important services for students which may include financial aid, housing, touring, and health services.
• To assist prospective students in the admissions process.
• To head the disciplinary Committee solving students academic and none academic disputes that may lead to expulsion and disciplinary referrals from instructors and none academic workers, (i.e to handle discipline-related processes and procedures).
• Supervising various students programs and serving as a liaison between college administrators and student organizations, such as a student association.
• To manage and coordinate all social programs like sports and games, clubs etc.
• To provide advice regarding development of policies to student life and other supportive programs.
• To coordinate and facilitate cleanliness and access to utilities (water, electricity and telephone), security and all estates.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Deputy Principal – Finance and Administration.
The successful candidate will receive competitive remuneration and benefits according to HI Scheme of Services.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit cover letter; Current resume indicating clearly the position applied for; copy of certified academic certificates; Current two passport size photographs; Certificate of registration with professional bodies in Tanzania if applicable; and names with contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Interested and qualified applicants should send their details to the Chairperson of the Governing Board, HERMARGS Institute, P. O. BOX 3086, Morogoro; and
through e-mail: [email protected] and [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted on a date for interview; and the deadline for application is 20th May 2019.