Job Title: CIVIL/WATER ENGINEER
Appointing Authority: Board of Directors
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Subordinates: Mechanical Technicians, Water Technicians .
Duties and responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for the implementation of a leak detection programme to reduce the physical and metering losses in the distribution networks.
• To ensure that the non-revenue water levels are within acceptable levels in accordance with acceptable guidelines for non-revenue water reduction and sound engineering and
• management practices.
• Maintains proper records of water network inventory and monitors all factors affecting the network.
• Liaison with Customer Service Section in handling customer complaints relating to water supply.
• Carry out studies for water losses and recommend corrective measures to solve the problems.
• Responsible for curbing Non Revenue Water (NRW) scientifically.
• Implement district metering programmes and carry out steps to ensure accurate night line readings are obtained in order to identify leaks in different zones.
• Ensure that the bulk metering devices are calibrated or replaced so that accurate production or supply zone data is measured accurately.
• Implement appropriate consumer metering programmes to ensure the metering losses are minimized.
• Responsible for planning and designing of water projects and supervision of construction works.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Technical Manager
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Civil/Water Engineering from recognized University or Technical College or any other related field with at least 3 years’ experience working in a recognized institution and at least 1 year in water supply and sanitation field.
• Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania as Professional Engineer.
• Must have Computer literacy including software knowledge on plant operation, maintenance and repair is an added advantage
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ALL POSTS:
All applicants must be Tanzanians
• The post applied for must be written on the heading of application letter and on the top of enclosed envelope.
• Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their applications through their respective employers.
• Must be computer literate.
• All posts are on contract basis of five years which are renewable subject to previous contract work efficiency, good performance and behaviour. Transcripts, testimonials, provisional results, statement of results
• and form six are not acceptable.
• Applicants should not be more than 45 years of age.
• Submission of forged documents or information shall result in serious legal consequences.
• The applicants who pursued their education abroad must have their certificates certified by responsible Authority (TCU and NECTA).
• Attractive remuneration as per KUWASA Scheme of Service and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
• Submission of application by hand to KUWASA is not allowed.
• Qualified and interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the Authority (KUWASA), accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant Academic Certificates, Professional and birth certificates and Letters from 3 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address to the address below not later than three weeks after publication of this advertisement from 27 November 2019 to 20 December 2019.
• Application should be sent to KUWASA as Registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Never pay for your Application to be considered. A call requesting payment for any reason is swindle.
The Managing Director,
Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KUWASA),