Reports to: Branch Manager
Responsible for overseeing the movement and safety of cargo and baggage on an aircraft. Unload, load, and secure cargo, determine orientation and destination, and complete load plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfer cargo onto airplanes.
- Direct ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo, compute aircraft center of gravity, and sign the load plan or manifest.
- Load and unload aircraft, perform preflight and post-flight aircraft checks, and compute weight and balance
- Ensure the safety and comfort of passengers, secure cargo during flight, and airdrop cargo and personnel.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other staff to exchange information and to resolve problems.
- Ensure all governmental regulations, company procedures, and safety and security requirements are followed.
- Calculate the aircraft’s center of gravity and assess the quantity of cargo.
- Operate a variety of equipment, including trucks, forklifts, conveyors and baggage tugs.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
- Pass a physical agility test
- Possess basic computer skills
- Have strong verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply:
PLEASE USE THE APPLY NOW BUTTON OR LINK BELOW TO APPLY. DON’T SEND YOUR CV VIA AN EMAIL.