Tanzania Tree Growers Associations Union (TTGAU) is a member based organization established in 2017 with headquarters in Njombe. TTGAU aims at promoting the interests of tree growers who are organized in tree growers associations (TGAs); build and strengthen networking amongst tree growers; enhancing women and young people participation in tree planting; provide brokering markets and processing of members woods; Facilitate members access to improved forestry and farm inputs and access to advisory services for increased members woodlots productivity and quality.
Tanzania Tree Growers Associations Union (TTGAU) with financial support from Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA) is implementing the project on “Tree Outgrower Support Programme (TOSP)”. To support the implementation of the project, TTGAU is looking for a competent Accountant
The Accountant will assist with the book-keeping, budgeting and financial planning and day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the Project. S/he will assist in overseeing the administration of policies and procedures to be followed by TTGAU. S/he will have the responsibility for ensuring a high degree of accuracy and quality in all financial transactions and in developing systems to efficiently and accurately record and reporting.
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting: The position reports to the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
Location: Njombe, Tanzania
• Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent in related field with adequate experience in financial administration and management;
• Experience in working with donor funded programmes/projects;
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages;
• Ability to prepare reports for the management and donors;
• Proven ability to deliver reports
• timely At least 2 year experience of relevant working experience
• Strong experience of working with QuickBooks accounting software
MAIN DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Day to day book-keeping of the TTGAU Project with specific reference to the management of its financial affairs.
• Analyses and monitors variances.
• Advise on TTGAU requirements for submission of Cash requests justification reports.
• Ensure funds from donor is controlled within approved budget lines.
• Ensure availability of funds and monitor and analyses trends in anticipation for reprogramming.
• Reconciling accounting record and confirm the accuracy of commitments and expenditure against approved financial plan and where error found take report on such errors and take immediate corrective measures.
• Making sure that expenditure are within approved budget provisions
• Assist in Grant and Contract Management and administration.
• Ensures the accuracy of financial documents in accordance with laws of the country, and generally accepted accounting principles;
• Participates in the development of TTGAU financial planning and budget and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Report.
• Assists in the monitoring of the financial status of the TTGAU’s Operating Budget, to ensure that these plans are not encountering financial difficulties. Identifies, investigates and reports on deviations from financial plans.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the FAO
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please complete the following information
• An up to date curriculum vitae (resume) of not more than three pages
• An Application letter of not more than one page with names and contacts of two referees
The above information should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: 18th February 2020