Vacancy title: Internal Auditor
Jobs at: Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL)
Deadline of this Job: 31st January, 2020
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL) is a multi-million dollar international logistics Company operating a regional and global business. The Company recently changed its name to reflect the organization’s new mandate and new vision as per revised Strategic Plan for the next two years from 2020 to 2021.
The Company was established in April 2001. ZCL is a wholly owned state enterprise of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, supervised by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) based in Lusaka. The Company’s current corporate head office and its main operations centre, Mukuba Depot is located in Kurasini area, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next to the dockyard. ZCL. recently incorporated a company in Zambia and its current liaison office is based in Ndola. This Company in Zambia would enable Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited. offer a seamless freight solution to the Zambian market through the port of Dar es Salaam. The Company has plans to expand in other markets in line with the revised Strategic Plan.
Hitherto, the Company has been handling mainly mineral cargo, especially copper, but over the years the Company has diversified its revenue base to include agricultural related cargo and other general cargo. For a more comprehensive view of the Company, kindly visit the Zambia Cargo & Logistics website at www.zamcargo.co.tz
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual audit reports and timely submission of reports to Management for remedial action.
• Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control – related activities and with others within the company.
• Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
• Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment
• Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department, the National Board of Accountants and Auditors and the International Auditing Standards
• Prepares timely audit reports for the executive management:
• Acts as primary client liaison with the departmental heads. Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal Company policies.
• Contributes, as appropriate, in the year – end financial audit with the external auditor.
• Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the company Researches new or technical subjects when required Mill, market risk, financial instruments, etc.).
• Provide feedback on performance of external Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable.
• Evaluate the company’s readiness in case of business interruption
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisor
• Conveys an inspirational auditing vision & strategy.
• Contributes to high performing Company Teams – may include supervision of quality assurance on Projects ensure they follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
• Acts as a team player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
• Results oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of Individuals up to and including the Chief Executive Officer.
• Focuses on the Customer by understanding che business from the customer’s perspective and by Keeping in regular contact with customers to understand business priorities and issues.
• Entrepreneurial Committed to self-development
• Knowledge of logistics and Inland Container Depot business operations and risk – based on auditing attained through a minimum of two years of progressive work experience with a focus on business risk and regulatory requirements. Though this is not a must but is definitely an advantage.
• Excellent understanding of the International Auditing
• Standards and ability to fully comply with National Board of Accountants and Auditors Standards.
• Ability to quality assures projects and, when required, supervises peers to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
• Strong skills in analysis interpersonal, tact and diplomacy, negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Ability to follow through complicated audit trails
• Fully registered member of the Tanzania National Board of Accountants and Auditors
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or CPA from a recognized training institution
• Must have relevant work experience of at least four (04) years in ideally a middle management role in a reputable organization
• Fully registered member of the Tanzania National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA).
Job application procedure Application:
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references, including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses) to:
Human Resources Department,
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited
P.O. Box 105638; DAR ES SALAAM.
And/or Email to [email protected]
Closing date of application is January 31st, 2020 at 17:00hrs. Phone inquiries on this matter to the Company and any applications received after this stated deadline will not be entertained.