Sanlam Life Insurance (T) Limited is a leading life insurance company in Tanzania with over 60% market share in life insurance business, with 6 Sales Offices across the country. Sanlam Group is a leading financial services company in Africa, with operations in Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and America. The company seeks to appoint a resourceful, energetic, dynamic and self driven individual to fill the following vacant posts with immediate effect.
Job Title: Head of Banc assurance
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Dar es-Salaam – Tanzania
The role holder will play Senior Leadership Role to execute Bancassurance Strategy for Distribution of life insurance business through formulation of various Bank partnerships and execute innovative Bancassurance service offerings by liaising with all key stakeholders in order to plan, manage, lead and direct business focus on the distribution of life insurance products and achieve business revenue targets.
• To oversee all Life Insurance Individual Sales activities through Banc assurance.
• Drive sustainable growth of the assigned portfolio and achieve the set banc assurance production targets.
• To lead and Manage Internal Bancassurance distribution support team.
• Effectively create new client relationships and partnerships whilst ensuring retention of existing business relationships through high standards of customer service.
• Execution of day to day Life Insurance distribution initiatives which entails cross-selling of insurance products.
• Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
• Collaborate with Head Individual Life operations and ensure timely deduction and collection of premiums on all insurance business transacted at the assigned Portfolio as per laid down procedures.
• Champion /coordinate Insurance products training for the Specialised Persons for the Banks by working closely with Banks’ management in order to empower them to sensitize customers on insurance products.
• Organise and Participate in regulator effective Insurance Sales activations.
• Ensure compliance with both Insurance and Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Provide timely, feedback to senior management regarding bancassurance performance.
• Provide operational directives/guidance to bancassurance team that are aligned to banc assurance overall strategy.
• Building and maintain good operational relationships with banks, customers, the public and other relevant stakeholders.
• Prepare Bancassurance reports and analyses setting forth progress, advising trends and provide appropriate execution recommendations.
• Coordinate and support Marketing of the company’s products to bank prospective clients
• Proven sales, marketing and management track record.
• Direct Experience in Bancassurance will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated ability in implementing business plans related to sales, distribution and service
• Strong and demonstrable track record of successful implementation of product variants and innovative customer offerings
• University Commercial degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education.
• Diploma or any insurance related qualification is an added advantage.
At least 5 years’ experience in retail Sales of insurance products preferably within an Insurance intermediary or Insurance Company or Banks at Senior Management level.
• Strong leadership skills
• Sound decision making ability
• Ability to use initiative and be innovative
• Excellent communication, presentation skills and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
• Effective people management and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network and generate new business. Strong inter-personal skills and coordination ability, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills and business acumen
• Performance and goal driven (Results oriented person)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead and manage a large sales team to deliver target sales volume through leading teams of people, flexing style when and where possible to be seen as a thought-leader as well as producer.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of Bank/Insurance products and an understanding of banking /insurance business and its operations
• Ability to implement change initiatives by taking ownership and working with all stakeholders
• Have high integrity levels; maintains utmost confidentiality of information in their possession.
• Have great attention to details
• Ability to work under pressure
• Banca Strategy, Bancassurance Leadership, sales strategy, Lead Generation, Retail distribution, financial planning, product marketing and Product Management
• Excellent Sales and Client relationship skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please submit your application with a comprehensive CV to the undernoted address or via email to [email protected] not later than 13th December 2019.
Chief Executive Officer
Sanlam Life Insurance (T) Limited
9th Floor Amani Place, Ohio Street
P.O. Box 22229, Dar es Salaam
Should you not hear from us within three weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful