Director of Tanzania Health Information and Management Program Support
Job LocationsTZ-Dar es Salaam
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Overview of the Position
Application deadline: Open until filled
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) implements USAID’s Coordinating Implementation Research, to Communicate Learning and Evidence (CIRCLE) Project, a contract mechanism that provides administrative and technical support to USAID’s Health Research Program. CIRCLE manages an activity in Tanzania called the Tanzania Health Information and Management Program Support, or THIMPS. The THIMPS project will support USAID’s monitoring of key health indicators and use of information for program management. THIMPS also supports USAID’s stakeholder engagement efforts to share findings and contribute to program improvement. CIRCLE seeks an Activity Director for THIMPS, who will provide strong management oversight of field monitoring, as well as key information for USAID.
• Manage the technical aspects of THIMP
• Serve as a key collaborator and informant to USAID regarding program improvement
• Ensure training of M&E Officers and any other data collectors, data collection and timely reporting of indicators
• Develop technical reports based on data and indicators collected, synthesizing findings, and translating them into different graphic formats
• Review and improve written reports and analyses
• Prepare sophisticated presentations for stakeholders
• Provide key insights and learning from data as well as how the findings may be used to respond to USAID’s needs
• Maintain key stakeholder relationships on behalf of THIMPS – with USAID, with the Government of Tanzania (National/regional/district) and implementing partners
• Lead meetings among stakeholders to present and discuss data findings
• Liaise regularly with CIRCLE’s CoP and CIRCLE’s Program manager to discuss program progress
• Develop scopes of work for surge support and consultants on specific THIMPS activities
• Manage consulting staff
• Supervise technical staff working throughout Tanzania on THIMPS
• Support 6 M&E officers and provide surge support if required
• Master’s Degree (desirable), in Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business, Administration, or relevant field
• At least five (5) years of professional experience managing M&E activities for health indicators. Experience in conducting site improvement monitoring supervision visits is added advantage
• Familiarity with USAID’s programming in Tanzania, especially PEPFAR programming
• Work eligibility in Tanzania
• Understanding of effective monitoring, synthesis of data and effective reporting for program improvement
• Strong understanding of public health issues: HIV, Family Planning, Maternal and child health, Malaria, TB
• Strong analytical and computer skills, including significant experience with excel, and statistical packages; familiarity with USAID databases: DATIM
• Experience managing staff working in different locations
• Presentation experience and strong writing skills
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach to working with colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.